Credentials & Affiliations
BALANCE ascribes to quality standards that include certification of counselors, audits, and core policies that ensure quality service.
All of our counselors are required to successfully complete 160 hours of training and become certified as credit counselors within one year of hire. The certification examination and corresponding study materials were developed in conjunction with Purdue University, and cover consumer protection, spending plans and budgeting, creditor and legal policies and practices, credit and debt management, and counseling principles.
Our staff includes BAs, MAs, JDs, MSWs, Certified Financial Planners and certified credit report reviewers. Ongoing training for the entire staff is conducted monthly on topics ranging from student loan repayment regulations to techniques for helping our clients manage a financial crisis.
- Any consumer contacting of CCCS of San Francisco for counseling services will be provided service regardless of the language they speak.
- Whenever possible, a client will be paired with a counselor who speaks his language.
- If a client speaks a language other than those of our multi-lingual counseling staff, the AT&T Language Line will be contacted to schedule a translator for the time of the appointment. CCCS will pay for the cost of the service.
- Hearing impaired clients will be provided service via telephone or in-person.
- If the client prefers a telephone consultation, TTY operators will be contacted to participate at the time of the session. CCCS will pay for the cost of the service.
- If the client prefers a face-to-face consultation, the Bay Area Communications will be contacted and sign language interpreter will be available for the consumer's appointment. CCCS will pay for the cost of the service.
- Whenever a 3rd party interpreter is a party to an appointment, two back to back appointments will be scheduled in order to insure appropriate time for a complete and thorough counseling session.